New version of Wbridge5
y***@chello.fr
2008-10-04 14:22:14 UTC
Version 4.0 is downloadable on www.wbridge5.com
It is fully translated in English.

Yves Costel
m***@live.nl
2019-09-07 19:53:50 UTC
Post by y***@chello.fr
Version 4.0 is downloadable on www.wbridge5.com
It is fully translated in English.
Yves Costel
Dear Mr. Costel,

Please let me introduce myself.
My name is Marcel Hofstede from The Netherlands and I develop bridge software for more than 25 years now. My bridge software is specially used for the beginners and intermediates. My program helps them to understand the theory and they can practice their skills. When they play a deal and when they don’t play the best card, they will get a message with an explanation why it’s not the best card. In The Netherlands, my biggest market, the program is sold in cooperation with Berry Westra and is very popular.
I also have made programs together with Marty Bergen and Andrew Robson and all of them are available for iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows and Android.
One of the drawbacks, I sometimes hear, is that with my program you can not play every card you wish, you can only play the pre-programmed card and after you’ve had the clue, the deal stops. It’s not possible to play further but specially the beginners want to play till the last card, even if it’s obvious the remaining 10 tricks are for him/her.

Now my question:
Is it in principle possible I include the ‘engine’ of WBridge5 into my program? If you are open for this idea please let me know and then we can discuss the technical possibilities (for instance in what language did you wrote WBridge5), the financial aspects etc.
To make it very clear to you: In principle I don’t want to sell your program (but if it’s technically possible I can make a iOS and/or Android version for you if you wish) but I would like to use a part of it for my own program.

If you want to have a look at my programs you can visit the Appstore (if you have an iPad/iPhone) or the Playstore in case of an Android device. When you search on Marcel Hofstede you will find my apps and you can download the app for free; a free demo is included.
You also can have a look at my website for more information: www.bridge-software.eu

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,
Marcel Hofstede
Bertel Lund Hansen
2019-09-08 05:56:47 UTC
Post by m***@live.nl
I hope to hear from you soon.
Don't hold your breath. You are answering an 11 year old message.
/Bertel
nrford100
2019-09-08 18:36:31 UTC
This is not directly related to your question, but you may be interested in a bidding program which I have been working on for a long, long time. It stores the criteria for bridge bids in a database which can be added to or edited at any time using a fill-in-the-blanks method.
The major complaints about bridge playing software are errors in bidding and lack of support for various conventions, neither of which the user can do anything about. This program makes such changes possible and includes a program for practicing bidding in general or against specific conventions. It also shows double dummy analysis of deals and many other features.
It's free software and the bidding module is in a DLL. See www.aeyec.com/BidBase