Bridge Doctor
Nick France
2010-01-27 17:14:21 UTC
I need some help. A student of mine found a site called Bridge Doctor
(www.bridgedoctor.com). I've never heard of the site and have no idea
who runs it.

Has anyone had any experience with this site.

Nick France
Andrew
2010-01-27 17:17:44 UTC
http://www.bridgedoctor.com/about-us.php

Andrew
Jim
2010-01-27 17:50:50 UTC
I need some help.  A student of mine found a site called Bridge Doctor
(www.bridgedoctor.com).  I've never heard of the site and have no idea
who runs it.
Has anyone had any experience with this site.
It says right on the home page who runs it.
Or perhaps this is YOUR site, and this is your feeble attempt to
promote it?
Rob Morris
2010-01-27 18:54:38 UTC
Post by Jim
It says right on the home page who runs it.
Or perhaps this is YOUR site, and this is your feeble attempt to
promote it?
But I thought you said that the site says right on the home page who
owns it?

I would imagine if an r.g.b'er had started such a site, it would be
more-or-less acceptable for them to just post about it.

I think asking whether the site is any good is a legitimate question,
but I can't think why you wouldn't just try their 'free trial'.
--
Rob Morris
arr emm four four five (at) cam dot ac dot uk
Nick France
2010-01-28 19:20:09 UTC
Post by Rob Morris
Post by Jim
It says right on the home page who runs it.
Or perhaps this is YOUR site, and this is your feeble attempt to
promote it?
But I thought you said that the site says right on the home page who
owns it?
I would imagine if an r.g.b'er had started such a site, it would be
more-or-less acceptable for them to just post about it.
I think asking whether the site is any good is a legitimate question,
but I can't think why you wouldn't just try their 'free trial'.
--
Rob Morris
arr emm four four five (at) cam dot ac dot uk
A student asked me about the site and was looking for any imput
members of this group had. I have no knowledge of New Zealand players
or their teaching abilities.

Nick France
Nick France
2010-01-28 19:21:05 UTC
Post by Jim
I need some help.  A student of mine found a site called Bridge Doctor
(www.bridgedoctor.com).  I've never heard of the site and have no idea
who runs it.
Has anyone had any experience with this site.
It says right on the home page who runs it.
Or perhaps this is YOUR site, and this is your feeble attempt to
promote it?
I asked a simple question. If you don't want to help then don't
post. I have no relationship to the site and simple want to know if
anyone has had experience with it, either good or bad.

Nick France
boblipton
2010-01-29 02:38:15 UTC
Post by Jim
Post by Nick France
I need some help. A student of mine found a site called Bridge Doctor
(www.bridgedoctor.com). I've never heard of the site and have no idea
who runs it.
Has anyone had any experience with this site.
It says right on the home page who runs it.
Or perhaps this is YOUR site, and this is your feeble attempt to
promote it?
I think this is a bit hot-tempered. Nick is a regular contributor
here and a pretty good guy. If it were his own site, he could simply
have mentioned it as such and no one would think less of him; he
could even mention it in posts regularly ('As it says on my wonderful
BRIDGE DOCTOR site...') and we would probably be entitled to an
amused leer, but not much more.

I know that I am very careful about linking to new sites unless
recommended by a good guy. There are some viruses out there and even
though I use Firefox on an Apple machine, they scare me. Or perhaps
Nick just thought to ask here first, since he didn't know it
himself. Or even checked the site out and didn't notice the credits.

None of which require you to snap at him.

Bob
jogs
I had to stop using Firefox. Too many viruses. Now only use Google Chrome.
RonfromLao
2014-06-23 21:55:18 UTC
Post by Jim
I need some help.  A student of mine found a site called Bridge Doctor
(www.bridgedoctor.com).  I've never heard of the site and have no idea
who runs it.
Has anyone had any experience with this site.
It says right on the home page who runs it.
Or perhaps this is YOUR site, and this is your feeble attempt to
promote it?
Nick has posted on this site for years. This is not an acceptable comment.
Ron

s***@hotmail.com
Nick France
s***@hotmail.com
Nick France
s***@hotmail.com
It's an entirely legitimate site which provides excellent tutorials and competitive playing opportunities. Currently there seems to be one glitch: each day one's accumulated points score is reduced by 5%, but a few players appear to be able to avoid this deduction and consequently are able to amass hundreds of thousands of points! Does anyone know the answer to this?
c***@gmail.com
2014-06-23 03:07:02 UTC
Post by Nick France
I need some help. A student of mine found a site called Bridge Doctor
(www.bridgedoctor.com). I've never heard of the site and have no idea
who runs it.
Has anyone had any experience with this site.
Nick France
I played and paid on this site for a couple of years. The lessons are good but the computer did not play as taught by the sites very own lessons! Updates and corrections were promised but never appeared. The site is quite popular but I got the feeling that Gramme and Tina were just raking in the money with no intention of ever fixing problems that were continuously pointed out. The computer opponent would even "peek" at your cards and make outlandish defensive plays. I gave up and canceled my membership.
Dave...
Ars Ivci
2014-06-23 08:09:38 UTC
On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 20:07:02 -0700 (PDT)
Better late than never... ^^^^
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by Nick France
I need some help. A student of mine found a site called Bridge
Doctor (www.bridgedoctor.com). I've never heard of the site and
have no idea who runs it.
Has anyone had any experience with this site.
Nick France
I played and paid on this site for a couple of years. The lessons
are good but the computer did not play as taught by the sites very
own lessons! Updates and corrections were promised but never
appeared. The site is quite popular but I got the feeling that
Gramme and Tina were just raking in the money with no intention of
ever fixing problems that were continuously pointed out. The
computer opponent would even "peek" at your cards and make outlandish
defensive plays. I gave up and canceled my membership. Dave...
--
t.
Real Time, adj.: Here and now, as opposed to fake time, which only
occurs there and then.