Odd-Even Discards allowed more than once?
nrford100
2019-08-16 17:06:15 UTC
In a discussion of Odd-Even Discards the other day, I said that I had read that ACBL only allows them on the first discard but nobody else agreed.

I Googled again and found a few web sites that said that ACBL has a Law against using O-E more than once, but I never could find anything about it on ACBL's site.

Anyone know the True Story?
KWSchneider
2019-08-16 18:25:29 UTC
Under the old CC and now the new CC, OE discards are only allowed on one’s FIRST discard.
Barry Margolin
2019-08-18 02:18:56 UTC
Post by nrford100
In a discussion of Odd-Even Discards the other day, I said that I had read
that ACBL only allows them on the first discard but nobody else agreed.
I Googled again and found a few web sites that said that ACBL has a Law
against using O-E more than once, but I never could find anything about it on
ACBL's site.
Anyone know the True Story?
Read the section titled "Lead and Carding Agreements" in the ACBL
Convention Charts (it's the same for all the charts, so you only have to
read the Basic Convention Chart).

web2.acbl.org/documentLibrary/about/181AttachmentD.pdf
--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA